So I was thinking about my MOTW preferences and came to these conclusions
- witches: yes. BRING IT.
- vampires: *yawn* (except Benny. Benny was adorable)
- werewolves: the only good werewolf episode was “Heart”
- ghosts: their episodes tend to be super gross so no thanks
- djinns: they act different every time they appear. Like the fuck?
- shapeshifters: my favourite was Dracula On A Moped but since then, they are pretty neglected
- pagan gods: last time they were written well was the Christmas episode. Since then they are handled terribly and they often act completely out of character (Artemis in love with a MALE? Vesta, the peaceful goddess of the hearth, as a cannibalistic psycho? What the hell? Oh, and also the mess that was HotG.)
- obscure / one-time monsters: they are usually interesting, but why never bring up another of them, even after several seasons? We haven’t seen another rugaru, changeling, daeva, ghoul or siren ever since, and they could be refreshing instead of the obligatory vampire/werewolf/pagan god episode we get once per season.
- why are there so few new monsters? there is TONS of lore. How about rusalki? Various Celtic mythology creatures? The Scottish Play curse?
- also, why haven’t we met an actual trickster who wasn’t Gabe? There’s Coyote, Anansi and a lot of others. Pretty much every mythology/folklore has them.
- and, not MOTW but demons: why are there so few “big name” demons in this story? Where are the others? What about Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles (who was probably King of the Crossroads before Crowley), Belphegor, Astaroth (I read that Tammi was supposed to be Astaroth but she was never named in the episode).
- we never had a succubus case
I walk into a room, and for this industry, I’m impossibly tall. When they find it hard to pair you up with the opposite sex, then what’s left for a woman? Either you’re the ball-buster or the not-so-attractive girlfriend standing by the lead. I mean, traditionally not so attractive. Because you have your starlets and then you have their best friends who are these character actresses. When you fall within the cracks, you thank God for sci-fi, because they’ll give you a gun, and they’ll say, ‘Go over there and conquer that world. You kick some ass, girl!’
if DC wasn’t a bunch of incompetent, whiny fucks they could cast her as Wonder Woman
but I’m convinced DC is secretly high-fiving Ubisoft
Dominion impressions 1x05
Wow. This show is getting better with each epiusode, and man, did Claire take a level in badass. She’s very smart and she knows how to play the game. Maybe David would like some ice on that burn.
Michael continues to be gorgeous and confused about the whole love thing.
Alex is still terribly boring.
Eightball Mom? So did she get possessed but somehow kept her humanness? When did this happen? I doubt Claire is a Nephilim so presumably when she was already born.
William is still a lovesick puppy.
No Arika and Gabriel? I hope we get them next episode.
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE IN THE MTVu FANDOM AWARDS!
Go here to vote for Dean and Castiel as Ship of the Year!
Go here to vote for Misha Collins and Random Acts for Fandom Feat of the Year!
Voting ends TONIGHT (July 23rd) at 9pm ET!
Other fandoms are stepping up their voting on this final day and if we want to have any hope of winning these awards, we need to do the same and more!
Remember that these awards will be aired on MTV on July 27th!
Let’s VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE today and win this for Destiel and for Misha and Random Acts!
COME ONE GUYS!!! : )
Okay, people, this is important. We always do well with these things. We all know the drill. We can do this, as we have done so many times in the past. Anybody who votes at least ten times, I will make a ficlet for. Just vote at least ten times, message me, and I will make a ficlet for you. Let’s do this. Let’s see Jensen’s face and make Misha proud as they find out at Comicon that Destiel has won yet another contest that is no less announced at Comicon.